Digital Marketing Strategies for the Property: A Guide to Maximize the Revenue
September 26, 2021
Internet is the new venue for myriads of human interactions, including communications, finding answers to various questions, searching for entertainment, learning, and many more. Social media are no longer mere entertainment tools. Instead, they have become integral parts of our lives. We are using them not only for personal matters but also for communicating with the world, developing our businesses and making money.
Why Digital Marketing?
How do you want to be seen in the market as a property (hotel, hostel, Airbnb, etc.)? How are people going to know about you and your business? How do you promote the services you provide? It’s crystal clear that the media have changed, and we cannot rely on old media like magazines, newspapers, radio, TV, etc., to make ourselves known in the market. We need to keep up with the latest trends and developments to learn the new strategies to market our business. Digital marketing is one of these latest trends that result in higher brand awareness, more visibility, increased popularity, and consequently, more bookings, more guests, and more revenue. This article will guide you through the most vital strategies for using digital marketing for your property and maximizing your revenue.
Where to start?
Let’s start with the basics. You need an interactive website to be seen, i.e., you need visibility to improve your property’s search ranking. Online ranking depends on some factors, including the algorithms that search engines(e.g. Google) use, the quality of the content you publish on the website, and visitors’ level of engagement with the website. To increase your visibility, you need to master digital marketing strategies.
What Is Digital Marketing?
Simply put, digital marketing means making your presence known online. Whether on search engines or social media platforms. Your property should be easily discovered on metasearch engines, social media, and organic search. It means when a user searches ‘properties’, your name should appear on the list, ideally on the first page. This is where Search Engine Optimization (SEO)strategies get involved. Additionally, organic and paid channels will help you toward your goal, i.e., visibility.
What follows is a list of digital marketing strategies essential to make your property known in the market and the world.
1. Register your property on Google: Every business can be registered on Google free of charge. Download Google My Business (GMB) application and fill up the registration form that connects you – as the property owner – with the users/ guests. GMB highlights several useful features, such as:
· Integrated meta-search for facilitated bookings.
Make sure all the information about your property (especially location and contact no.) is accurate because users need it to search online and build trust based on it.
2. Design an interactive, attractive website: Attraction is the most critical factor when it comes to increasing the number of website visitors /users. Take it seriously! Your website should showcase the property’s salient features. Don’t forget that the responsive mode of the website must be as efficient since many users visit the website on their smartphones.
3. Improve SEO and Local SEO: Making just a website is not enough. It would be best to work on Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Local SEO. There are a lot of details to know about SEO. Here are seven main steps for successful SEO management:
· Increasing the crawlability of the website: Google makes use of some tools to view and list websites, a crawler, an index, and an algorithm. The crawler finds your website, reads the content and saves it in the index. Some factors can block the crawler to reach your website. Knowing these factors, you can remove them and increase the crawlability of the website.
· Producing high-quality content: When the content on the website is applicable and is written based on the trends, it can respond to the searchers’ queries.
· Optimizing keywords: You don’t just write about any random topics. You need to use some tools, find the most searched keywords, and write your content based on them. When you do this, you get higher ranks in search engines. Simply, it means that search engines find your content/ website more often.
· Improving user experience: Designers play essential roles in creating an attractive environment for the users. Hire a creative UX designer to improve the user experience of the website. The more appealing the website, the more users you will get.
· Using links in the content: In the content you produce, it’s necessary to use links to other pages on your website and to pages on other websites. Try to provide something catchy for the users to get more views.
· Increasing CTR in the rankings: Focusing on the titles, URLs, and meta descriptions of the website articles/ blog posts leads to increased Click Through Rate (CTR) in the rankings.
· Working on schema markup: Schema markup, AKA structured data, is the language of search engines. It is a unique code that provides more precise information for the search engines to understand your content better. Improving schema markup leads to standing out in Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs).
Local SEO is a part that focuses on the visibility of the website in local search results. It means the name and details of your property should appear in the country/ area it’s located in. It’s useful when someone searches for ‘properties near me’ or similar phrases because people usually use such terms or the name of landmarks in their searches to get better results.
4. Spend Money on Ads: Although you need to work on Organic SEO, you cannot merely rely on it. To build a strong presence in the market, you need ads. To be listed on Metasearch Engines results in higher visibility and better brand awareness. Running ad campaigns on Google is the step you need to take to improve the property’s visibility.
5. Use the Potential of Social Media: Don’t underestimate the power of social media in improving brand awareness. Social media are great tools in applying digital marketing strategies. Social platforms such as LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc., help you build your voice and engage users significantly.
6. Use variety in producing content: There are several ways of creating content, each of which has its specific application. Text, photo, and video are among the ways you can use for content production. Since you are marking a property, videos can be quite helpful. Showing different aspects and special features of your property can help the guests find out more about your property, making it easier for them to trust your business.
7. Email Marketing: Emails are valuable tools to communicate with both businesses and individuals. Email marketing is a direct way to connect with the users and provide various information, including introducing new features of the property, advertising, guidance, and many more.
Undoubtedly, Digital Marketing plays an undeniable role in the visibility of the property that leads to revenue generation. Use the potential of the Internet, social media and online tools to make a well-known brand and maximize your revenue. To stand higher than the competitors, you need to stand out in the crowd. One way to do so is by empowering yourself with modern tools like Digital Marketing Strategies for the property.